In memory

In memory . . . . . . of a life so beautifully lived . . . . a Heart so deeply loved.

Brittany Nicole Cail, Organ Donor, October 27, 1988 to April 9, 2008


Recent letter received in regards to my daughters gift.

"Brittany's donation consisted of orthopedic tissues which are used to hasten recovery in individuals suffering from bone or spine disease or injuries. Many bone grafts can be generated from one tissue door. In the case of Brittany's gift the donation records indicate the creation of numerous bone grafts which have been, and will continue to be used to perform reconstructive surgery, spinal fusions and oral surgery. The records also indicate that all of these grafts have been distributed throughout the country to states such as California, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Missouri, Kentucky, Virginia, Ohio and Washington DC.

Brittany's donation also consisted of cardiac tissue (heart valves). Cardiac tissue is used to benefit children with complex heart defects, as well as adults with heart disease. The records indicate that Brittany's gift of cardiac tissues were distributed to medical facilities in Missouri and Pennsylvania in July and October of 2008Brittany's donation also consisted of cardiac tissue (heart valves). Cardiac tissue is used to benefit children with complex heart defects, as well as adults with heart disease. The records indicate that Brittany's gift of cardiac tissue were distributed to medical facilities in Missouri and Pennsylvania in July and October of 2008.

Brittany's gift of skin has enabled surgeons to perform reconstructive surgery on individuals who have suffered severe burns. These grafts were distributed to medical facilities in Virginia and Iowa.

I also received an email update from LOPA on Brittany's organ recipient's status. Brittany's right kidney recipient and her liver recipient are continuing to do very well. :) Regrettably, her pancreas and left kidney recipient has died due to other health complications. I was told that the letters I sent were given to the transplant centers for the other two recipients and I hopefully I will hear from them one day. I am saddened by the news of the death of one of her recipients, but he is now in Heaven with Brittany. The mother who received her right kidney was on the waiting list for 7 years, so it is a joy to know she is doing well.

Another response from one of Britt's recipients.

"Dear Donor Family,
I do not know if you gratitude can help your healing, but I want you to know you and your loved one have made my life better. Before my surgery, I could not walk without being in pain: hopefully I will be back participating in sports and walking normally. I pray for your family when I go to Mass each week. I will dedicate more time to helping others as soon as I am able. Thank you so much. I will be an organ donor as soon as I am able. My parents have been for a long time.

Thank you,

Kelly"

Brittany's donation also consisted of cardiac tissue (heart valves). Cardiac tissue is used to benefit children with complex heart defects, as well as adults with heart disease. The records indicate that Brittany's gift of cardiac tissues were distributed to medical facilities in Missouri and Pennsylvania in July and October of 2008.

Brittany's gift of skin has enabled surgeons to perform reconstructive surgeries for individuals who have suffered severe burns. These grafts have been distributed to medical facilities in Virginia and Iowa.

Brittany's decision to be an organ donor has made a remarkable and widespread impact on the lives of many others in need. The records indicate that Brittany's gift of cardiac tissues were distributed to medical facilities in Missouri and Pennsylvania in July and October of 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search for an Honoree