In memory

In memory . . . . . . of a life so beautifully lived . . . . a Heart so deeply loved.

Chris Henry, Organ and Tissue Donor, North Carolina 1988 - 2009


Chris Henry the Cincinnati Bengals receiver died December 16, 2009 from massive head injuries after he fell out of the back of a pickup truck in North Carolina.  

Chris's mother, Carolyn Glaspy had to make a difficult decision.  When she returned to his room and sat down next to Henry, still on a respirator.

"I went back and held Chris' hand. I could feel his heart still beating. Chris was always a giver. He always wanted to do something for someone else.

"I talked to him about the decision I would have to make. I told him, 'They're asking me to donate your organs and tissues, and I think you'd want that,'" she says.



Chris's Lungs, live, heart , two kidneys and tissue were recovered.
Chris Henry lives on.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search for an Honoree